Why Sabrent Rocket Nano SSD?
There are a lot of SSDs in the market of various styles and shapes, but there are very few which are built very well yet is quite compact, one such external SSD is the Sabrent Rocket Nano SSD, as the name suggests this SSD is has a small form factor, this sells in 3 variants, the 512GB, 1TB, and the 2TB Version that one can buy Sabrent website or Amazon.
What do you get with the Sabrent Rocket Nano SSD?
- 2 TB External Aluminum SSD.
- Type-C to Type-C Cable.
- Type-A to Type-C Cable.
- User Manual
We just get the minimal accessories with the ssd, the connector cables and the ssd itself, this ssd is a plug and play type, very easy to use, although there is a lot of information about the ssd that is written on the box packaging one can refer for better knowing the ssd.
- Supports all the operating system, be it Windows or Mac, this works perfectly well. there is no requirement of installing any drivers for the SSD on your PC this is a plug and play device.
- This SSD Complies with the Trim, UASP, and its firmware is upgradeable too, which means you can get the latest and best features via firmware updates.
- The SSD is made up of high-grade Aerospace Aluminum, its enclosure is designed to absorb the heat and protect the drive from overheating ensuring a long life expectancy from your drive.
- The SSD has a super-compact form factor it just weighs 2 ounces or 56 grams and has a length of 2.5 inches.
- This SSD has a USB 3.2 interface, that provides speeds of up to 1000MB/s, Which is 9 times faster than traditional external HDDs.
Sabrent Rocket Nano SSD – Speed Test
In terms of benchmark speeds, we go around 400 MB/s Read Speeds and around 408 MB/s Write Speeds, which is quite good considering the price it comes at, this makes a very good SSD for work purposes.
In real-time usage scenarios, the usage of the SSD was snappy and it didn’t get heated even transferring a 10GB file to/from the SSD, while we tried the transfer, we got speeds of 280+ Write Speeds and 300+ Read Speeds, which is very fast, considering the fact that with normal hard disks [HDD] that we generally use as a backup drive only gives us the Read/Write Speeds up to 50-60Mbps at max.
Overall this is a really cool accessory to own, given its compact form factor it can fit anywhere plus it gives great transfer speeds, this makes a very good work drive for daily use, as well as a good backup drive for your personal files.
If you are using a SATA [HDD] / Normal Hard Disk, you must consider buying this compact SSD, because the normal hard disk drives can fail anytime and data recovery is a hassle, better, to use a backup drive like the Sabrent Nano SSD to regularly backup your data. SSDs are mostly fail-proof, so you can be worry-free about your data loss.