- User experience in an Indian Home.
- Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Robot Vacuum: Unboxing & Demo Review!
- Box Contents of the Vacuum cleaner
- Key Features of Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Robot Vaccum
- Design & Build Quality of the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950
- Battery Life & Charging
- Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Smartphone App
User experience in an Indian Home.
Robot vacuums are quite a useful appliance to own, these vacuums are popular in the western world, but they are still in a nascent stage in the Indian Market, but still, there are few brands that offer robot vacuums with advanced features, once such robot vacuum is the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950, that can be purchased from Amazon India.
We used the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 robot vacuum for more than a month and here are our quick thoughts.
- Vacuuming: Generally, if you live in a metro city like Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, etc, dust pollution is something that many of are concerned about, there is a good amount of invisible dust, sand, etc on our floors, this vacuum cleans it very well, there is hardly any dust particle left you can find after the cleaning gets completed.
- Mopping: In India, we generally use a cleaning solution mixed with water such as phenyl or any liquid detergent for mopping. but while using the Deebot, it’s recommended to use only water to clean, as other fluids may jam the liquid nozzles that spray the liquid on the ground, just in case if you want, you can mix a very small amount of a liquid non-foam detergent such as Lizol, Dettol, etc and this works very well.
- Smartphone App: The Ecovacs App is good and has a lot of features that help with the customization of your cleaning, such as setting water flow level, setting up virtual boundaries(Dio not clean areas), etc.
- Charging / Usage Time: This takes around 4-5 hours to get fully charged, and works for around 120 minutes [ 2-3 cleaning seesions] Depends on the size of your house. The Charging dock needs to be always “On”, As then only the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950, will charge continuously and work perfectly.
- Charging Dock Always On Issue: As in India power cut, if something that is quite common, so when there is a power cut, the Deebot automatically plugs itself out out the dock (as no power) and starts to roam here and there and randomly goes to any place and stays there, this can be an issue at nights as this can come in our way and we may step on it due to low visibility.
- Pricing/Cost: In terms of pricing, the Ecobacs Deebot Ozmo 950 is priced almost similar to what it sells for in other countries, and in the long run, this is a good investment to make, especially if you are a working person and don’t have time to sweep or mop your homes.
Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Robot Vacuum: Unboxing & Demo Review!
Watch this full video to see the Setup, Demo, and review of the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Vacuum
Box Contents of the Vacuum cleaner
There a lot of accessories that come with this robotic vacuum cleaner for our convenience, inside the box packaging you get the following
- Deebot OZMO 950 Robot Vacuum
- Washable/Resealable Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Disposable Cleaning Cloths
- Charging Dock/ Station
- Cleaning Cloth Plate
- Filter & Sponge Filter
- Side Brushes
- User Manual
Key Features of Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Robot Vaccum
- Smart Navi 3.0: The Advanced navigation technology that, helps the Deebot to navigate ethe way better and avoid nay hurdles in between.
- Multi- Floor Maps: We can save maps of multiple floors on the app and can do custom cleaning according to our needs, all this can be easily done on the app.
- Virtual Boundaries: In the Map, we can set virtual boundaries, as the Deebot will not go into the marked areas / or mop the marked areas.
- Custom & Schedule Cleaning Mode: We can set custom areas to clean and also schedule the cleaning session in the app.
- Supports Voice Commands: This also supports voice assistants like Alexa, Google Assistant, etc and we can use our voice commands to start the cleaning sessions.
Design & Build Quality of the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950
This vacuum cleaner is built well and has a glossy finish, this has a circular shape and features sensors to the front, which helps it better cleaning, This Vacuum is made up of good quality plastic material and this can last you long, even while using it on a daily basis.
There is a side brush attached to the bottom in both the sides, this helps in better cleaning added with the powerful suction capabilities of this robot vacuum, the smallest dust particle will also be captured by this vacuum and it will leave behind a clean surface.
Lifting the top plate of the vacuum, we can see the dust collection bin. Which can be cleaned easily and can be fitted back, all the dry vacuuming dust gets collected in this dust bin.
Battery Life & Charging
The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 robot vacuum takes around 4-5 hours to get fully charged, and works for around 120 minutes [ 2-3 cleaning seesions] Depends on the size of your house. The Charging dock needs to be always “On”, As then only the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950, will charge continuously and work perfectly.
The Charging dock does not stick to the place you keep it, as it does not have a sticky pad to the bottom, hence sometimes the Deebot hits it and shifts its position, a sticky pad on the bottom would have been better.
Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 Smartphone App
Click on the images to see the full screen images.
The Smartphone App has a lot of customization features, such as Auto cleaning, Schedule cleaning, Do not disturb mode, real-time cleaning map, multi-floor maps, setting the water flow level, reminder alarms, etc.
Overall the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 950 is a good robot vacuum cleaner with lot of smart features and excellent cleaning capabilities, plus the good build quality and custom cleaning options and make it a good buy.