We all Use Cab service like ola , Uber etc for our daily commute or in day to day basis , and there may be chance that , you may have missed your flight , etc and then cursed traffic , now to bring a solution to this problem we have Ola Ride insurance Policy !
The recent addition in Olacabs is the Ride Insurance Policy for the riders of Olacabs which is powered by Acko General Insurance. The customers of Olacabs can opt for the Insurance Policy for just ₹1 which includes coverage for Health Issues, Missed Flights etc. At any point in time, customers can opt out of this policy and customers can also get a detailed description or copy of the policy on their e-mail address.
Steps to avail Ride Insurance:
- Open Ola Cabs Application
- Select a cab category
- Enter the Pickup and Drop Location
- You will get a prompt asking to opt for Insurance at ₹1 or not
- You can either turn it on or off
- Voila! Ride Insurance will be enabled instantly
What is covered by the Insurance?
- Personal Accident up to ₹5,00,000
- Hospitalisation due to injury up to ₹1,00,000
- Missed Flight up to ₹5,000 ( valid only for domestic travel )
- Daily allowance for hospitalization up to ₹500/day or 7 days
- Medical evacuation up to ₹10,000
This Ride Insurance is valid only for rides within the city and not applicable for Rentals and Out Station
For the Missed Flight coverage, it starts when a customer books an Ola Ride and ends when the ride ends. The coverage is subjected to ETA at the airport being 90 minutes before the scheduled time of flight departure. For Ola Share rides, the coverage will be valid only if ETA is 120 minutes before the scheduled time of flight departure.
In order to make a claim, the customer must use the mobile number registered with Ola on Acko’s website or on the Ola app. There is also an option to add a nominee to the group domestic travel. It can be done by clicking on ‘Add Nominee’.
Content & Image Credits : Techuneed