Why do you require a portable power station?
We all use a power bank, to charge our smartphones, laptops, etc. But these power banks are of small capacities and cant be used only to power home appliances in case of power failures.
Generally, people who live in big houses have a fuel generator, which runs on diesel. But these power stations create air pollution, instead, people can use an electric power station like the Bluetti AC50s.
Box contents of the Power Station
- Maxoak Bluetti AC50s Power Station
- 1 AC Power Adaptor & Cable
- 1 Cigarette Lighter Cable
- 1 USB Type C CAble
- A Simple Carry Bag
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Features of Bluetti AC50s
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s is a 500Wh/300W portable power station that is double in size, and almost 2x powerful than the traditional portable power stations available in the market. The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s also comes with a 2 year warranty period.
We reviewed the Bluetti AC50 portable power station a few months ago, which had a very similar feature set as of the AC50s, but has a smaller battery capacity and is mostly used only when required or for a short period of time.
Design & Build Quality
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s has a Stylish & rugged design, same as the Bluetti AC50, but it has an extra rubber covering to its body, which adds a better grip, and one can easily place the power station in uneven surfaces and use it.
The Front Side
To the front side, we have a bright screen display that shows the battery usage and charging parameters such as, the power input/output usages, and below the display, we have the car and USB Ports.
The Back & Adjacent Sides
To the backside, we have the Led Light, its button, and the power input port. Given its compact form factor, we can use it in even in limited spaces such as our car backseat, etc and you can charge your devices simultaneously.
To the adjacent sided, we have some vents that help in better airflow, this helps in maintaining a normal temperate if the power station when it is being used extensively.
To the backside, there is a light which can be turned on with a push of a button and this has the power to illuminate your whole backyard easily and covers a wide area, this would be great for camping and RC trips where we need good lighting source in the evenings & low lighting conditions.
The LED lighting has three feature modes: Full bright, Half bright, and SOS flashing. You can switch these modes by single press the led lighting button.
Build Quality & Weight of the Power Station
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s weigh in around 13 Pounds / 6.3 Kilograms, which may feel a bit heavy but, but thanks to the rubbery grip on the handle, it can be easily carried to different places. Overall it has a good build quality.
The foldable handle design on this power station helps in saving a bit of space, the bottom of the power station has a stable grip, as it can be kept at uneven surfaces and still it will be stable, this is due to the even distribution of weight onto the power station, which is quite good.
The functionality of Bluetti AC50s
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s comes with some unique features that not only help during a power outage but even in our daily lives, such as a provision to charge our smartphones, laptops, small home appliances, and other power-intensive gadgets simultaneously.
There is a 10W wireless charger in-built into the power station so that you don’t need to take your wires along, This wireless charging function enables your devices charged wirelessly.
This power station also comes with a 2-year warranty & has a BMS (Battery Management System) that enables short circuit protection and has many other safety functions.
Battery & Charging
The Maxoak Bluetti AC50s has an LG Lithium-ion Cell, which is huge and is rated at 500wh/300W.
The Battery has an impressive life cycle of 2500+ recharges and has a shelf life of 3-6 months, which is quite good as you don’t need to charge it often.
There are two ways to charge the Bluetti AC50s
1. Plug It Into The Wall & it will Fully charge In 5.5 Hours (AC).
2. Charge using 200W solar Panels and the battery will get fully charged in three hours.
3. You can also charge it via Car battery, and the recharge Takes 15 Hours (Via 12V Adapter)
The Built-In MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracker) is Optimized to the Maximum Charging Efficiency For AC50s Via Solar Panels, which gives Up To 40% Faster Charging Times.
Maxoak Bluetti AC50s Power Output Options
- 1 – Wireless Charging Port
- 1 – PD USB-C Port (Max 45 Watts)
- 4 – 5V/3A (Max) USB-A Ports.
- 1 – 12V/10A (Max) Car Port.
- 2 – 12V/3A DC-Ports
- 1 – Led lighting/SoS Port
- 2 – AC110V (300W Continuous, 450W Surge Max)
Which gadgets can Bluetti AC50s Power?
- iPhone X Smartphone : 42+ Recharges
- Normal Drone : 18+ Recharges
- Laptop (60 watt Power) : 7+ Recharges
- Mini Fridge(40w) 10+Hrs
- Led Lantern Light (10w watt Power): 17Hrs of Usage
- CPAP Medical Device (60 Watt): 6+Hrs Usage
- Air Pump (40 Watt Power) 10+Hrs Usage
- GoPro Sports Action camera : 80+ Recharges
Maxoak Halloween Giveaway Rules
- Giveaway will have 18 Winners
- Total Value of Prizes: $24699.82
- Open to US, CA, EU Residents Only.
- Date: October 15th to 3rd November
Enter the Giveaway by registering on this website : www.maxoak.net
Prizes to be won
- 1st Prize – One winner: $1899.99 EB240: 2400Wh Portable Power Station
- 2nd Prize – Two winners: $899.99, AC100: 1000Wh Portable Power Station
- 3rd Prize – Five winners: $399.9,9 AC50S: 500Wh Portable Power Station
- 4th Prize – Ten winners: $409 Off EB240 Code
We feel that Maxoak Bluetti AC50s is a featureful product that every household should have, given its feature set this makes a perfect power station for all your outdoor and indoor power requirements.
Note & Image Credits: This is a Product Feature Review Article & images used in this article are taken from the Bluetti website.